Healthy Liver, Healthy You
Most people know the importance of maintaining a healthy heart and lungs, but know little about the importance of maintaining a healthy liver. As the largest internal organ, the liver has numerous essential functions that contribute to maintaining the overall health of the body. Each minute, a third of all blood in the body passes through the liver to remove harmful toxins, waste products, as well to distribute and store essential nutrients.
The liver is responsible for regulating healthy levels of glucose in the blood, metabolizes fat compounds, as well as stimulating the break down of fatty tissue when energy reserves are low, and processes proteins by removing nitrogen and converting to waste to be excreted, and stored excess amino acids into fat for storage. Furthermore, the liver will remove harmful bacteria and dead skill cells from the blood processes cholesterol, and even neutralizes excess hormones. Put simply, the liver ensures that the body can work at its best. If the liver is damaged in any way, it cannot work efficiently to remove the harmful and release the helpful.
Products for a Healthy Liver
There are dietary supplements that can be taken which may help repair liver damage and maintain a healthy liver. They include:
- Milk Thistle - Used to treat liver disorders for thousands of years, Milk Thistle is a herbal substance that contains the active ingredient silymarin, which in studies has been linked to the regeneration of liver tissue.
- Artichoke Leaf – Its strong antioxidant properties have made artichoke leaf a popular supplement to protect the liver. Furthermore, animal studies have suggested that artichoke leaf may help liver cells to regenerate.
- Grape Seed - Another natural supplement high in antioxidants is grape seed and studies indicate that it may help to improve liver function and reduce damage caused by oxidative stress.
- TUDCA – Otherwise known as Tauroursodeoxycholic acid, TUDCA is a bile acid found naturally in the body in small amounts. It is FDA-approved for treatment of liver diseases and it aids in the removal of toxic bile acids from the liver to prevent the damage of the tissue and cells.
- NAC – N-acetylcysteine offers a great deal of protection to the liver, even being used to treat patients that have overdosed on painkillers like paracetamol. NAC is a precursor to glutathione, which can heal the live r and protect it against toxins.
Before taking any new supplement – natural or otherwise, it is important to consult with your doctor or pharmacist to ensure that it will not exacerbate any conditions or interact with any current medication.
Safe Liver Supplements from ADV-RESEARCH
It has become common practice for gym goers to take anabolic supplements to boost their performance and muscle mass. However, abuse of these anabolic steroids can cause a serious deal of damage to the body, particularly the liver. Steroid – particularly the oral kind – are difficult for the liver to metabolize, which results in a reduction in the efficiency of the organ to successfully remove toxins and waste from the blood. This liver damage can lead to a condition known as cholestasis, which results in bile leaking into the blood, which can cause a number of uncomfortable symptoms including nausea, itching, and jaundice.
The problem with anabolic steroids is that they are addictive and the damage to the liver is cumulative i.e. more anabolics consumed, the more damage is done. There have even been studies that suggest anabolic steroid use can increase the likelihood of developing liver cancer.
We have already established that maintaining a healthy liver is so important its overall health, so any form of anabolic supplement should be avoided unless prescribed by a doctor for a medical condition. Instead, if you are looking for a way to boost your performance and strength in the gym choose a liver safe supplement, like those offered here at ADV-RESEARCH. Our supplements have none of the detrimental side effects seen with the use of anabolics, but numerous benefits, including:
- Increased muscle mass and strength.
- Boosted resting metabolism and fat burning
- Improved stamina and endurance, for better training sessions.
- Faster healing between training sessions.
- Additional benefits include a potential increase in libido, stimulation of hair growth and anti-aging effects.
Stay liver safe, and purchase your sports supplements from ADV-RESEARCH.